Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a delightful Mother's Day weekend. Yesterday was my defense (graduation) party , and while Nicholas was cranky due to a skipped nap, Mommy and Daddy thoroughly enjoyed getting to see so many friends.

And Uncle Matt stayed overnight, so this morning Nicholas got some one-on-one playtime. He enjoyed showing Uncle Matt how each of his toys works.

From 2010 May
Then my parents and Uncle Andrew came over for lunch and Nicholas began warming up to Uncle Andrew. Not enough to surrender his ball voluntarily, but that requires a lot of trust from this boy.
From 2010 May
We then went on a hike. As my mom pointed out, all those years when she made us go hiking (kicking and screaming) for Mother's Day, she never thought I'd do the same thing to my kids. But times do change and I love a good hike these days. Nicholas enjoyed riding around on Daddy's back for the first half of the hike.
From 2010 May
He then did a little "hiking" himself!
From 2010 May

The last part of the hike he was not so happy, though. We just pushed him a little too far, apparently. But we definitely have plans to go on a bunch more hikes this summer.

All in all, a delightful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) Mother's Day, Sarah! SO happy that you all have begun a tradition that you had when you were growing up. That's awesome.

    I think the Uncle Andrew thing might be because of the knit cap. Abby was completely freaked out by my brother yesterday because he was wearing one. Just a hunch. :o)

    ReplyDelete