Saturday, May 22, 2010

Go Terps! (and a job update)

From 2010 May

Nicholas had it right last week—Go Terps! In this picture at the zoo he is sitting on a statue of a Terrapin, which is a turtle native to Maryland, or at least I assume so, since it is the University of Maryland mascot.

Well, it turns out this Maryland boy is going to get to stay in Maryland for another year, because I have a one-year position at the University of Maryland. We are all very excited, both about the job and about being able to stay put. I really cannot even begin to describe the number of weights that were lifted off our shoulders with that one phone call.

And so, GO TERPS!

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait - is it's Mays Fools Day? I don't know if I can trust you... :o)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, this one's legit. It also means that if I should happen not to finish my Ph.D., I can at least work on my D.H.H. (Doctor of Household Husbandry).

    ReplyDelete