Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Hey, if I can work Little Orphan Annie into my courses, I can work it into blog posts too, right?

Anyway, first I wanted to thank you all for your encouraging thoughts and offers of help. I am so lucky to have such great friends. Just feeling so loved and not so alone makes a big difference. And all the company I'm getting this week can bring me out of even my deepest of funks. You guys are great!

Secondly, an update. I have been feeling a little better each day since I wrote on Sunday. And this morning the doctor called me back and issued the verdict that we are switching to a stronger medicine, although a different strong medicine than he wanted to use the first time. I'm not sure why he made the switch, but when I called the pediatrician's office to talk to them about what to do about Nicholas' food (continue breastfeeding, switch him to formula while pumping and hope that in 4-6 weeks when I'm off the medicine that he'd consent to going back to breastfeeding, or just switch to formula permanently), it turns out that because this new medicine is an over-the-counter one rather than a fancy prescription, it has actually been studied and so they know it is safe. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you had told me a few weeks ago that I would be 100% relieved by this news I wouldn't have believed you, but I really am.

And so I have hope again. I'm starting the new medicine tonight, so we'll see what happens, but I am hoping (and for at least the moment really believe) that I'll be feeling good again soon. And Allison is staying overnight again tonight, so if the new medicine does do something screwy to me, I have backup for Nicholas, which is a huge relief. I am as hopeful now as I was hopeless on Sunday afternoon.

And, on a completely unrelated note, after spitting up all over the onesie he started the day in, Nicholas is in one of his new 6-month summer outfits and looks just so grown up and absolutely adorable that it melts my heart. I will try to post a picture later. :)

1 comment:

  1. I for one am very glad you're feeling better, and I also appreciate how many people have offered to help in my absence. It's always great to know how much your friends will do when it comes down to crunch time.

    And speaking of my absence, please post the photo!!

    ReplyDelete