Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nursery in Use

We started transitioning Nicholas from the pack n' play in our room to the crib in his nursery two nights ago and so far, so good (knock on wood). The first night he did a series of 2-hour-ish shifts, which isn't good but honestly is as good as he generally does in the pack n' play. And last night he did two 3-hour shifts. Now, I know 6 hours of sleep is not nearly enough, but it is as good as we get from him, so I'll take it. We can't get our monitor to work without crazy beeps, but the apartment is small enough that with both doors open we can hear him, at least by the time he is screaming. I'd like to hear him before that, but on the other hand it means we can stop being woken up every time he makes noises in his sleep. I think last night I had the best night's sleep I've had since he was born.

On a related note, we've started using the term "big boy" to refer to older baby (as opposed to newborn) things, leading to some oxymoronic terms, such as "big boy crib" and "big boy pacifier." But he does seem so grown up these days. And he definitely is growing. We've had to put away some of our favorite sleepers because he couldn't straighten out his legs anymore. (I haven't been too big on the newborn stage (which may be a post if Nicholas stays asleep a little longer), but I got really sentimental at putting some of those away.) Even though his legs seem really short, for some reason the 3-month onesies still fit fine (well, most of them) but the sleepers with feet are just too short. He looks like he is swimming in the 6-month sleepers and shorts outfits we picked up, but I'm hoping that means he can wear them through the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment