Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nap Wars

I don't think Nicholas has taken a nap longer than 30 minutes in a bed in probably 3 weeks. Usually we can't even finish setting him down before he is screaming bloody murder. It isn't that he isn't tired or that he won't sleep, but just that he won't sleep in his crib or pack n' play. He'll sleep in our arms, in his swing, in his carseat, in the stroller, in his vibrating chair, but not in a bed.

Currently he is sitting next to me asleep in his chair. I'm not really complaining because at least he is asleep, but I worry about this becomming a long-term habit (as well as the effects on his back if he always naps in these weird positions). And since I wasn't able to get him properly belted in before he fell asleep, I don't feel comfortable going to take a nap myself. At least I can get some schoolwork done, something he hasn't let me do yet during my morning childcare shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment