Friday, July 10, 2009

Singing and Dancing

Joe and I switched shifts today so I could go to a friend's dissertation defense in the morning, and so I had Nicholas for his super-alert and energized block of playtime this afternoon. He did about 5 minutes of tummy time before getting annoyed and I was able to see what Joe has been talking about with how much longer and more steadily Nicholas can hold his head up now. Then I played with him on his back for awhile, with Nicholas laughing the sillier my voice was and the more I beeped him on the nose. When I ran out of ideas I turned on the radio and sang along while helping Nicholas dance by moving his arms and legs. He loved it, but I never realized how risque most songs on the radio are until I was singing them to a baby. Then I picked him up to dance, but apparently that either scared or overwhelmed him and playtime was over.

I'm going to have to get better at playtime with Joe going to Philly for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment