Saturday, October 10, 2009

Washington D.C.

As you know, Nicholas and I are always looking for new outings. I'd been pondering recently venturing down to D.C. with him. I figured it's far away, but everything is free and he sleeps in the car so the distance isn't a problem. So our friend Katie and I took the kids (her daughter, Alice, is the same age as Nicholas) in today and had a lot of fun! It was a long drive (made longer by the road closures for the Baltimore marathon) and we had a lot of trouble finding parking, but I'm still glad we didn't try to navigate Metro with two babies and two strollers.

First we walked around the WWII Memorial and the Washington Monument. It was a drizzly and gray morning, but not too cold or rainy.

From Nicholas - Month 5

Then we went into the Museum of American History and the Natural History Museum. I'm not quite sure what Nicholas thought of them because I can't see his face when he's in the Baby Bjorn, but he wasn't fussing, so I assume he was interested.

Here we are in the Museum of Natural History in front of a bison (I think) being attacked. Fun, family friendly activities always.
From Nicholas - Month 5

I don't know how people manage twins. On the drive down and the stroller ride back to the car at the end of the trip both babies slept beautifully. But on the drive home they took turns screaming and waking the other one up. It was actually comical, if a little frustrating.

We may need to go back to try to get some better pictures with the monuments on a prettier day, but I'm really glad we went. It was good to do something different and really wonderful to spend the time with Katie and Alice.

For more pictures, go here, or check out Katie/Alice's blog in Peanut's friends on the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you all had a fun time!

    (I can't imagine twins, either. Adrenaline can only carry you so far...)

    ReplyDelete