Monday, October 12, 2009

Roll Over, Roll Over

Nicholas rolled over from his back to his tummy twice last night. This is a milestone, but not an uncomplicated one. The problem is that he hates being on his tummy, but instead of rolling back over, he just screamed bloody murder.

I've noticed recently that he has ended up sleeping on his side a lot, and chalked it up to turning to get to his thumb. But last night he was on his tummy (well up on his hands, but front down instead of on his back) twice when I went to get him. And he was not happy about it!

What to do with a boy who gets himself in a position he doesn't like and then forgets that he knows how to get out of it? I wish I knew how intentional this rolling over was. I need him to do it while awake so I can see.

On a completely unrelated note, Nicholas went to campus today and spent some time with two of our advisers. And what did he do? He spit up on one and grabbed the other's finger, pulled it into his mouth, and proceeded to suck vigorously on it. It is a good thing he is completely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment