Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do Not Wubba Me Or I Will Wubba You

So Sarah and Nicholas have decamped to Louisville for a short visit before the semester starts, which means that I am by myself back in Lutherville. It also means I can do things around the house that I can't usually, like watch TV in the living room after 7 p.m., watch TV while eating dinner, and invite people over to watch TV. I promise I'm working during the day.

And yet it's hard to shake everything kid-oriented. It really gets under your skin! And so I've found myself last night or today walking around the house or at work, and all of a sudden I realize that I'm whistling "Elmo's Song" or "Rubber Ducky." On our trips over Christmas, you see, we've listened a number of times to a CD of classic Sesame Street songs that Sarah found at our local library. We've all enjoyed it (and I learned how to pronounce the alphabet as a single word!) but the songs seem to have gotten under my skin. As you might imagine, I'd like nothing more than to get the songs stuck in your head. Therefore, a few clips that I've pulled together of our (my?) favorites:

"Elmo's Song"


Ernie, "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"


Grover, "Monster in the Mirror"


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment