Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Counting

Nicholas has gotten pretty good at counting this week. He can usually make it up to 9, although at both 8 and 9 he sometimes has problems and starts going backwards. Occasionally he makes it to 10.

I took this video yesterday. He kept trying to start at 2 until I held up 1 finger, which prompted him to actually start at 1. He made it up to 8 here pretty well. 5 isn't very clear, but there definitely is a word between 4 and 6 that sounds like he is trying for 5. Anyway, I'm impressed.
From 2011 January

The other funny thing about this video, I think, is Nicholas response upon seeing the camera. His first thought is that he wanted to look at pictures of Alice. (I sometimes show him the stored pictures on the screen. He is going to be very sad because I just cleared the card. No more pictures of Alice.) Failing that, he posed for the camera, assuming I was taking pictures. This kid cracks me up.

1 comment: