Monday, January 3, 2011

Alice Pictures

Nicholas has been asking for "Alice pictures" multiple times a day and has started repeating her phrases from videos (anyone else remember "beep beep choo choo"?), so we took advantage of this brief window when both families were in town to get the kids together. And since I am getting sick of looking at the same few pictures of Alice's last visit over and over and over again, I made sure to get my camera out to get some more shots of the two of them.

There are of course more in the Gallery, but here are my favorites. Each shot has so much potential but none are quite right.
Reaching out to hold hands for Ring Around the Rosie:
From 2011 January

Hey, we don't need the grown-ups!:
From 2011 January

So happy together:
From 2011 January

Hugs bye-bye:
From 2011 January

So close. I really thought I'd finally gotten the money shot with the hug at the end until I saw it full size on the computer screen. As it was happening both kids were happy and involved in the hug I swear. In the picture it looks like Nicholas is bowling Alice over and she is bracing for impact. Now, to be fair, they did topple over a second later, but it started off as an adorable hug. Stupid camera delay.

Once it gets warm out I'll have to make sure to get some pictures of them outside where I don't have to deal with the absurd delay on my camera when it is using the flash. Toddlers don't hold expressions or positions long enough to really line up a shot with a camera delay that ranges unpredictably from 0-3 seconds.

But the video function solves that problem:
From 2011 January

They have so much fun together now that they are older. And Nicholas adores Alice as much as ever. I may have to print some of these pictures out for him so he can look at them whenever he wants without bugging us to get a computer set up.

2 comments:

  1. We have pictures running on our screensaver ALL the time so we see pictures from all sorts of places and times. It's uber fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob: We have a similar screen saver, and it is usually a good thing. That is, except when we need to get Nicholas moving but he demands to stand or sit near the computer to see pictures.

    Katie: you are all welcome anytime.*

    * That neither of the kids is sick.

    ReplyDelete