Wednesday, July 13, 2011

At Least We Made It 2 Days

On Friday when we went to visit Nicholas' new school, Joe noticed that some of the kids had runny noses and commented, "you know, Nicholas hasn't been sick in two months." And, sure enough, after 2 days of school I got a phone call at 10:30 this morning that Nicholas had a fever and needed to come home. Of course.

He has had a pretty high fever and spent most of the day watching tv or sleeping. This meant I also spent my day watching Barney and sleeping on his floor because he needed Mommy next to him at all points. But he was a great eater at dinner and is now sitting playing happily on the floor with Joe, so even if the fever is only reduced with the help of Motrin, it is an encouraging sign.

So much for our much-anticipated full week of work and school. But as long as it isn't anything serious, I'll just roll my eyes and move on.

1 comment: