Saturday, January 2, 2010

So many playmates!

Nicholas had a blast on our vacation! And did remarkably well, making it possible for the rest of us to have a good time as well. He saw tons of relatives (since between Christmas and anniversary parties for both of my sets of grandparents there were quite a few family gatherings, totalling over 100 different people) and spent lots of time playing and exploring.

Given how much of a momma's boy he has been the past couple months I was worried about how he would react to all the new people, but he let a bunch of different people hold him and play with him. When he decided he was done he would then take their hands and start walking, forcing them to take him to me. But he often played for long periods (sometimes close to an hour!) with me walking in and out of the room before he decided he wanted me. That tells you how much fun he was having! I'm hoping this has cured him of his belief that he needs to be with me at all times.

After a week and a half of constantly having my parents and at least one set of my grandparents around and often some of my aunts and uncles and/or cousins as well, I think he is going to be bored at home. Just Mommy and Daddy? What fun is that?

Here he is being handed off between 2 of my cousins at my grandparents' anniversary party. And not minding a bit:
From Louisville Dec 09
And he really didn't mind when cousins (okay, first cousins once removed, or something like that) sat and played with him:
From Louisville Dec 09
And when one of my cousins let him play with her camera, he was in seventh heaven:
From Louisville Dec 09
There are a bunch more pictures in the Gallery, but needless to say, he had a very busy and fun-filled trip. We can only hope that the trip to San Diego goes as well.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that he opened up to others on your trip! Even more wonderful that your trip was great to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete