Sunday, November 15, 2009

Friends, Fall, and Fun

Between getting to spend some good time with friends and the most beautiful mid-November day I may have ever seen, we had a pretty good weekend. Somehow Nicholas' naptimes came and went without me getting much work done, but other than that, it was great.

Saturday morning we went down to my parents' church for the annual Christmas Craft Bazaar. Somehow we came home with more used books than Christmas crafts, but that sounds about right for us. And the real reason to go was to visit my parents, and see some of the crafts my mom has been working on.

Then pretty spur-of-the-moment some friends decided to throw a dinner party. We almost didn't go because our knee-jerk reaction is to assume we can't, but we were so glad we did. Nicholas had fun playing with everyone and then he went to bed in their pack n' play upstairs (one of the many perks to having friends with a child the same age) and Joe and I got some very much needed time alone with friends. Possibly the only benefit to Nicholas still waking up every 4 hours overnight is that I didn't feel guilty waking him up at 10:30 to go home--it was just his first nighttime feeding. Anyway, it was so good for us to get the chance to hang out and just catch up with friends. I hadn't really realized how much I missed that.

And today? Well today was just beautiful. Church takes up most of Sunday morning these days (I go at 9, Joe brings Nicholas to me for the last 10 minutes while he goes to warm up with the choir, and then he sings at the 10:30 mass--so one of us is at church from 8:45 until noon). But this afternoon we just couldn't stay inside. I mean, really, how many 70-degree and sunny days do you get in mid-November? After the three of us took a long walk, Nicholas and I hung out on a blanket in the shade behind our apartment for a little while enjoying the weather. Okay, I tried to take pictures while Nicholas was on a mission to get the leaves and dirt all around the blanket.

There are lots of pictures of the weekend in The Peanut Gallery, but here are my two favorites:

Trying to get Nicholas and Alice to pose for a picture together. (I swear sometime before we all move this summer, we will get one good picture of the two of them. Although with everything going on in this picture, I may actually like it more than if both babies were looking at the camera.)
From Nicholas - Month 6

Playing with Daddy:

From Nicholas - Month 6

1 comment:

  1. I did not realize the value of friends with children until we had Abby. Going through the same sorts of things at the same times is an incredibly surreal experience, and one that you have to find other folks sharing with you. Glad you have someone to share with!

    ReplyDelete