Friday, November 13, 2009

The Departure of the Body Snatchers

I swear growth spurts are like the invasion of the body snatchers around here. I look at Nicholas and wonder if the little boy we know and love is still in there somewhere. I wonder if this is what it feels like when your kids hit puberty. Except then it lasts longer than 3 days.

Now, don't get me wrong--Nicholas is never an easy-going, low-maintenance baby. (I'd probably wonder if he'd been switched at birth if he was.) But he is a generally happy baby and, at the very least, a baby you can make happy pretty easily if you're willing to do things his way. But for a few days earlier this week there was just no pleasing him. And the shrieking and screeching were driving me up a wall.

But that mutant child has gone away now, hopefully not to return for a few months. Good riddance. Our sweet Nicholas is back in his place. And he is probably confused why he has been getting so many extra hugs today. I'm just so glad to have him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment