Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cranky Baby

Update: Joe remembered that there is a 6-month growth spurt, so our new theory is that since Nicholas got each of his other growth spurts 1-2 weeks early, his current behavior is the result of being extra hungry. So I'll try to feed him extra times tomorrow and see what happens. This is one of those times when I wish he could talk. If he had said "Mommy, I'm hungry," rather than just shrieking all day, we all would have been happier.

Original Post:
Nicholas has been very cranky, whiny, and needy the past couple days. He basically has been acting tired all day but not sleeping enough to fix it, including waking up an hour earlier than usual in the morning already cranky and tired. Fun fun. But otherwise he seems physically fine--no fever, no cough or congestion, normal diapers, etc.

I'm wondering if the second bottom tooth is trying to make its way through and bugging him. He did really well with the first one, but I guess there is no reason why the pain would be identical for each.

At any rate, he's tired and cranky and dealing with a tired, cranky baby is exhausting, so I am now worn out and a little cranky. And so while he is down for a nap I think I will go take a nap myself. I have so much work to do, but I have the feeling I'll need some energy reserves for when he wakes up, which I'm guessing will be before he is fully rested.

But as long as it is just teething, I'll happily deal with a few days of cranky baby. And the housework may just have to fall a little further behind so he can have the constant contact he seems to need right now. In the grand scheme of things, small potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment