Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Survey Says

So, the results of the survey that we'd posted early last month. We ended up with 18 guesses, which included some serious, some goofy ... and two after the fact. Nice work, you know who you are. To wit, though, the results:

1. As it turns out, most of you weren't fooled about the gender. About 2/3 of you guessed that Peanut would be a boy.

2. On the due date however, we weren't the only ones who waited longer than we thought. All but 3 of you (subtracting the post facto guesses) thought Peanut would arrive before May 25.

3. Nobody got the weight right who guessed before the birth, and only one of the two people who guessed afterwards did! Most people thought Peanut would be between 7 and 8 lbs., and frankly, so did we.

4. There were three categories of guesses for names: the Serious, the Founders, and the Downright Outrageous.

First, the Serious. These included boys names such as: William, Timothy Delbert, Matthew Alexander, James Paul, Benjamin Thomas, and girls names such as Molly and Sarah (though we'd decided not to go the Junior route).

Second, the Founders: We had Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, James Monroe (??), and Abigail Adams.

And the Downright Outrageous, mostly from my parents. We'd already mentioned the boy named Crystal Alexis, and my mother added Meredith Noel (hint: she loves Christmas). And my grandmother guessed Humperdinck, which I can only hope was a joke.

But one person, and one person only, nailed it on the head. Sarah swears she never mentioned the name Nicholas, but somehow Stacy came up with it. And so she wins the survey/quiz. And for that her prize is four nights on our couch with a screaming baby.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah isn't lying -- she never mentioned the name Nicholas to me. I have no idea how I guessed his name. Either I know Sarah way better than even I thought I did, or it was just pure chance, influenced by the fact that we had been watching episodes of Full House together the week before featuring the twins Nicky and Alex. And the prize of 4 nights on your couch with a possibly screaming baby nearby is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I forgot how many ounces are in a pound.

    ReplyDelete