Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Separation Anxiety

I'm not quite sure how Stacy did it. Well, actually, I do have an inkling, which I'll explain in a moment. Somehow, she convinced Sarah to go out to dinner, and left me home alone with Nicholas. It took 22 days, but Sarah has managed to cut the cord, and spend a few precious moments away from Nicholas and out in the real world.

I am inordinately proud of her. And of Nicholas, who has taken this opportunity to finally get the nap he so richly needed. Yay!

Anyway, Stacy had the leverage of free stuff. Because we enjoy Red Robin burgers so much, we joined their mailing list, which means you get a coupon for a free burger around your birthday. You can say it's lame, but if you've been there, you know how good the food is. Plus: bottomless fries. I'm just sayin'. Sarah had her coupon from her birthday last week, and it expired today. So it was now or never. Plus, Stacy had a coupon for money off an item from having just joined the list.

Take free food, add a best friend with some powers of persuasion, multiply it by a father who (so far—knock on wood!) has not proven hopelessly incompetent, and you end up with an anxious mother sitting in a restaurant at this moment, who I hope is finding ways to enjoy herself. She hasn't called yet, anyway, which is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment