Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Taste of Summer

As is fitting for a day with a high in the 80s, we spent the morning at a yard sale and the evening at a baseball game. It was great!

Some friends of ours were in charge of organizing the flea market and classic car show at church this weekend, so we had promised them we would stop by. And of course we came home with a few bags of stuff. I had forgotten how much I love yard sales! Given my general love of bargains and my inability to pass up baby stuff, I was actually quite restrained. We got a few toys (a toy mailbox in honor of Joe’s work on the post office and an old-school ring stacker and phone like we had growing up), a dozen or so books, and a Noah’s Ark framed picture to add to the nursery. AND my favorite purchase, a Radio Flyer rocking horse! At a whopping $6 it cost as much as all the toys and books combined, but it is in almost-perfect condition and had to be one of the cutest things I’ve seen. And, really, $6??? I promise to post a picture tomorrow (I would go take one now, but Joe and Stacy are both sleeping, so the flash is a bad idea).

The Orioles game was a lot of fun, especially after they stopped giving away solo homeruns like it was the day’s free gift. Peanut got a little agitated during the bottom of the ninth when the crowd was going wild as the Orioles mounted a comeback, but calmed down pretty quickly once the noise died down. Somehow I don’t think we’re going to have a baby who sleeps through much. The only downside--there were so many people there that I didn't get the purple Os hat they were giving away. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment