Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dreams

I had an amusing Peanut dream last night. Well, amusing to me—if you are easily grossed out, you may want to skip this post.

So, in real life you can often see a Peanut foot or butt pushing against the edge of my belly. Well in my dream I could see one of Peanut’s fingers protruding. But whereas in reality these body parts look like odd bumps in the otherwise basketball-shaped belly, in my dream it was clearly a finger. And so I reached down to touch it and realized it wasn’t Peanut’s finger pushing my skin up, but Peanut’s actual finger. And then it was Peanut’s whole hand (although the size of a 3-year-old, not a newborn) and I looked down and near the wrist there was an opening in my skin! Peanut had pushed so hard its hand had come clear out of me. (Although the opening was a nice clean incision, probably a vision left in my mind from the C-section video in one of our classes.)

We often joke when Peanut is pushing really hard against the edges of its home that it thinks it can get out that way. Apparently subconsciously I think it might actually try.

1 comment: