Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Odds and Ends

A few notes as we anxiously await the turn of the calendar to May ...
  • It is absolutely hilarious to hear people who want nothing to do with kids use the pregnancy lingo flawlessly. Two of our friends in the last week have nonchalantly asked whether the baby has dropped yet, a term they learned from another pregnant friend.
  • Your attempts to find out the gender are pretty obvious and ham-fisted. You're not nearly as witty as you think. You know who you are.
  • We learned at childcare class that you should never tie a pacifier around a baby's neck. Good tip. Guess I should put away the twine.
  • As anxious as we are, looking back to last fall, we're definitely getting close. And we're now up to weekly doctor's appointments! We're slowly but surely closing in on the end of the beginning.
Guess that's it for now. We have another childcare class on Thursday, and given how comical the first one was, the second should be good for a post on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I saw that pacifier tip yesterday in an email from one of the baby sites. I think it even said not to tape it around the baby's neck! We're currently in the taking-away phase of pacifier use.

    I've already told everyone what kind of baby it is - HUMAN! I still win on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even need to look down anymore to see who wrote the post. When I saw phrases like "ham-fisted" and "guess I should put away the twine," I just KNEW it was you writing, Joseph.

    ReplyDelete