Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hodgepodge Post

Here are a few snapshots (literally) of our weekend:

At Nicholas' school last week they were "studying" fairy tales and so each of the kids had a crown that was labelled "Prince" or "Princess" and their name. When we got home on Friday I asked Nicholas what the crown was and he called it a hat, but he then put it on his head and very clearly said "Prince Nicholas." Why, okay, your royal highness.
From 2011 February


While we were visiting my parents on Saturday I was going through my boxes of keepsakes and condensing. (Really, why I saved every single spelling test from first grade this long is beyond me.) Nicholas had fun trying on some of the stuff we found in my boxes. (Okay, he enjoyed the lei. The mortar board was our doing and he was not thrilled.)
From 2011 February

Nicholas' favorite finds in my boxes of keepsakes, however, were my Xavier pep paraphernalia. Pom-poms and megaphones provide tons of entertainment! We actually brought these home and they can become Nicholas toys. He loves making us talk through the megaphones.
From 2011 February

And last night we went over to visit Katie, Wes, and Alice, and Alice showed Nicholas how to take care of a baby. He had never shown any interest in dolls and is only just starting to pick up the idea of pretending. But if Alice does it, it must be cool, and Nicholas quickly became taken with the idea of giving the babies a bottle. I particularly love his form in this picture.
From 2011 February

Today he actually discovered one of the refilling bottles like Alice has when we were at the dollar store looking for stickers and so he now has his own. He doesn't have any baby dolls with the mouths made for bottles, but he did feed his Johnny doll (the one my mom made for his birthday, whose mouth is drawn on, which leads to Nicholas basically beating Johnny's face with the bottle as he tries to get it "in" his mouth) and his Elmo doll the bottle on multiple occasions today. It also seemed to break through a barrier on imaginative play because he had me play Ring around the Rosie with him and both dolls a few times and announced that Elmo had to help us do laundry and carried Elmo into get the laundry baskets and had him help push them. It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. The crown is absolutely adorable! Abby is also a big fan of poms and megaphones. :o) Heck, I am too!

    ReplyDelete