Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another Blizzard, Another Car to Dig Out

Snowmageddon 2010 has come to an end ... or at least part one has (another 5+ inches are now forecast potentially for Tuesday night into Wednesday).  And in the spirit of life seeming like a repetition of activities, I offer you a photo that Sarah "spontaneously" took of me this morning:

From 2010 February

The activity seemed awfully familiar to me, perhaps because I spent a bit of time during the Blizzard of 2003 (also known as the President's Day Storm) at JFK Airport trying to dig out my car:

From The Peanut Chronicle

Sarah just mentioned that it seemed like a "piddling" amount of snow.  In some ways, it was -- just 20 inches!  But at that parking lot, it was incredibly windy, and so I actually found the car in roughly that condition, and I didn't get to the car until the next day.

Anyway, point is that I'm a weather nightmare if you're around me.  My travel schedule, going back years, has been demonstrated to be predictive of calamitous weather patterns.  In other words, look out Baltimore this Thursday and Saturday, and next Monday and Wednesday.  After that, I should stay put for a while, which means winter may actually end one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment