Thursday, July 26, 2012

Perspective

I often feel like such a failure at this whole parenting thing.  I get frustrated more than I should.  I get snippy and short with Nicholas for doing absurd things like acting like a 3 year old.  He occassionally has meltdowns.  And so it is really nice to see other parents, especially people who I see as such good parents, struggle, even though that is a really mean thing to say.

Right now I am working from home and can hear one of the girls downstairs (4 and 2 1/2) having a MASSIVE meltdown.  And their mom is one of the most cool and collected parents I've ever seen.  I am just in awe of her every time I see her with her kids and wish I could be as good as she is.  So if her girls can have those days, then maybe there is hope for me too.

And maybe I'll take her down one of the mocha brownies I made a couple nights ago.  It sounds like she could use some chocolate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment