Monday, August 22, 2011

From Nicholas' Eyes

As I think we've mentioned before, we got Nicholas a camera for his birthday. He goes in spurts in his use of it, but in the past couple weeks he has been taking a bunch. And actually started framing things a little more carefully.

After he seemed to take some decent shots when Mike and Melinda were here, Melinda reminded me in a comment that I hadn't looked at how they turned out. So I uploaded all his pictures (almost 500). Of these I went through and deleted about half, which were pictures of carpet or blank white squares that I assume means he had the camera in a weird mode. I have posted the 22 best in a special folder in the Gallery. As you can see, I am using the term "best" in a very relative manner.

The first few are from May or June, when there were a lot of self portraits (or partial portraits) because the camera was either pointed at his face or straight down at the ground.
For example:
From Nicholas Camera


The pictures from the last couple weeks capture his efforts to photograph the people who have come to visit and his tours walking around the apartment with his camera. I'm not sure whether the things in the apartment were being intentionally captured or just happened to get in front of the little boy walking around clicking the button. But, either way, they give you a glimpse of the apartment through Nicholas' eyes.
A couple examples:
From Nicholas Camera

From Nicholas Camera


For the whole tour, check out the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment