Thursday, May 5, 2011

Next Stop, the Borscht Belt!

I taught Nicholas tonight about the concept of "knock knock" jokes, and he thinks it's hilarious. But he only knows one.

We were sitting around, and he heard the people downstairs chopping vegetables (that's not a euphemism, we're pretty sure that's actually what they're doing). Quietly, he said, "knocking."

For some reason, I looked at him and decided it was time to teach him some good old-fashioned family humor. "Nicholas," I said, "say 'knock knock.'"

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?" I asked, not really sure whether he would repeat it or come up with an answer.

"Nick-a-nas! Hahahahahahaha!"

He repeated the joke a number of times over the evening. Needless to say it managed to get even funnier when he got really exhausted. And I really hope he remembers it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Abby's fave is "boo" (boo who? don't cry, it's just a joke!)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, given that he finds his own name hilarious right now, I think we're still a bit away from something with the much sophistication.

    What I'm really looking forward to is for "Banana" to come knocking at the door.

    ReplyDelete