Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mommy Down

Sorry for the blog silence. We had all sorts of fun activities planned for the past few days that would have led to good posts, but strep throat has intervened. And for once this wasn't an illness Nicholas brought home from school. I was the one who got sick and I have no idea where I caught it.

So yesterday instead of going to Ft. McHenry with a friend who is only in the country for a few days, we stayed home. I slept a lot and in between naps literally had to crawl around on the floor because I got too dizzy when I stood up. I managed to play some puzzles with Nicholas, but that was all I could muster. I felt so bad for the boy because he was so excited that I was finally home and then I couldn't do much with him.

And today instead of going on a tour of Camden Yards with Matt and Jenn, we were home again. Luckily for all of us, my mom came up and spent the morning with Nicholas. This meant Joe got work time, I got to alternate resting and working, and Nicholas got to do all sorts of fun things I didn't have the energy to do, like play t-ball and go to the library. I really don't know what we're going to do in MA without my parents to call on for help.

Strep is pretty awful and I have been miserable. Tonight is the first time in 2 days when I have had energy. I felt so bad I really wasn't even registering the activities we were missing. But now that I'm feeling human, I am really bummed. We don't get to see these friends often, so I am sad to have missed the time with them. And we are starting to get really low on days in Baltimore (I am definitely into single digits), so it was our last chance to do those outings.

But the real concern is watching to see if Joe and Nicholas get sick. We are really hoping they miss it, and are currently debating whether it makes sense to take Nicholas at least in for a precautionary test since we have a vacation coming up. We'll see how tomorrow goes, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks on all sorts of levels. Hope you get to healthy quickly!

    ReplyDelete