Friday, December 25, 2009

Baby's First Christmas

From Louisville Dec 09
Nicholas had a very busy and exciting first Christmas. I'll spare you the blow-by-blow, but here is the condensed version.

We spent Christmas Eve at my dad's parents' house, where all but a handful of the over 75 family members were there. To give you some indication, Nicholas is one of 3 great-grandkids under the age of 1, out of a total of 18. So it gets a little crazy there at Christmas, but in the good way of a large close-knit family and decades-long traditions. In fact, there were some times when I looked at Nicholas and could see pictures of me and my brother in the same spots as babies.

After keeping Nicholas up 3 hours past his bedtime last night, we had a pretty mellow day today, hanging out with my mom's parents at their house. Nicholas was very interested in the toys Santa left in his stocking. He is also thrilled to be the only kid with 6 adults. At one point he insisted on walking to each person one-by-one. After he did that he then very deliberately walked back over to his toys. Actually, now that I think of it, he spent a lot of the day walking around exploring the house. My knees are pretty sore.

There are dozens of pictures in the gallery, but here is my favorite:
From Louisville Dec 09
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment