Thursday, July 22, 2010

What we Forgot

Each time we've walked out of the house for a trip this summer I've had a feeling we were forgetting something. And I think each time I've been right. It is almost inevitable given the amount of stuff we travel with these days and the insanity in the apartment as we try to get all of our stuff out the door, while also remembering to finish dishes, empty trash, clean out the fridge, etc., and all with Nicholas running around yelling "go" and pulling things out of bags.

Anyway, most of the things we've forgotten have been pretty minor. But tonight we opened the trunk when we arrived at the hotel and started pulling stuff out and I realized we had forgotten something very important.

The crib.

About halfway into the wave of panic rushing over me I realized that the hotel would probably have a crib we could use. We try to avoid hotel cribs because they make me anxious and on this trip using their crib would thwart our plan to put Nicholas down for naps at Mike and Melinda's, but no longer was the situation tragic. And it turns out the hotel gave us a pack n' play, so I feel safe about it and if we really want we could probably borrow it to take to Mike and Melinda's as long as it is in the room when we check out.

So crisis averted. But man do we feel dumb. We packed all the sheets and pads and everything for the pack n' play but somehow the pack n' play itself never crossed our minds.

Let's hope that a little bit of my brain is back in time to give my paper at the conference tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consolation, Marriott inspects the cribs for cleanliness and safety as part of the QA inspection twice a year.

    ReplyDelete