Sunday, July 18, 2010

Swimming

From 2010 July

It is yet another 90+ degree week here in Baltimore, so I've finally gotten over my laziness and have taken Nicholas to the pool a couple times since we got back.

And Nicholas loves it!

When we went with Katie and Alice on Friday he broke into a huge grin as soon as he saw the pool. And tonight I wanted to take him out for a bit after dinner while Joe finished cleaning the kitchen and when I asked him if he'd like to go for a walk or to the pool, his face lit up at the word "pool" and he started giggling and ran towards the door.

Here are the kids waiting to get in on Friday:

From 2010 July

This evening there were two other little boys Nicholas' age in the pool and they enjoyed hitting a ball back and forth.

Nicholas loves "swimming" around (kicking his legs and pointing in the direction he wants me to take him) and being tossed up in the air, but he isn't 100% comfortable with the water. Sometimes he looks like a fish and perfectly at ease while other times he clings to me or freaks out when water gets in his face. But since he absolutely loves going to the pool, hopefully he'll get more comfortable as the summer progresses. And since the water is delightfully warm (the one benefit of the weeks of record heat) I don't object to going swimming frequently, especially in the evenings when I don't have to deal with sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment