Monday, October 24, 2016

Playground

I'm back!  I know, that resolve to post regularly didn't last long.  Joe and I have both been travelling a lot (as in there has not been a single weekend day when we were both home since I last posted) and I've had a bunch of extra work-related presentations that have been sucking away any otherwise free time.  But I have been taking pictures!

I took the kids to the playground yesterday for a perfect compromise--they got to play outside and I got to play with my camera.  I know you aren't supposed to say it, but after the first 3 times I have absolutely no interest in watching Nicholas do the monkey bars or watching Lizzie climb up the slide.  But if I have my camera I have a job and a challenge and so I am happy as well.  And I love playing with the late afternoon fall light, especially when it is just random pictures rather than something important and so I can appreciate the cool pictures where the light works well without being upset about the really shadowy ones.

My favorite shots in terms of light are the ones where Lizzie was on the teeter-totter.



Climbing things also makes for fun shots, as long as I can get the kids to look up at me instead of just down at their feet.




Then there are all the great framing spots that naturally exist on a playground.  Note to self for the future: make it a game of peekaboo and you're much more likely to get a smile.


And then there is just the good old-fashioned fun of going down the slide:



No comments:

Post a Comment