Sunday, July 6, 2014

News from these parts

Random list of things that have been going on with the kids:
  • Nicholas' reading is amazing!  I think he's made a HUGE leap in the last week.  Then again, maybe it is just because I have hardly heard him read in months.  But he has gone from reading individual words to reading whole sentences at full speed.  He sits down and reads a book out loud and it actually sounds like a book!  And that includes proper intonation for periods and quotation marks!  The first few books he read to me like this were ones I had previously read to him and so I figured he had just memorized my intonations but this weekend he read me two full Henry and Mudge books and he had never even heard of the characters before this!
  • Elizabeth is crawling like a speed demon and pulling up on everything.  She has even started a little bit of cruising, but she doesn't get very far that way yet.
  • Nicholas and I decorated one of Elizabeth's walls with the animal removable sticker things she got for Christmas.  He is SO good when he has a project he is into.  And SO not good when he is bored or hungry.  (Church this morning was a complete disaster.)
  • Elizabeth has been snuggly at night the last couple nights.  The last time she snuggled into me like that was when she was a few weeks old.  I absolutely LOVE it.
  • Nicholas went to his first game at Fenway last night.  Joe was given tickets by a friend who won them and couldn't use them, the Orioles were in town, and we couldn't find a sitter.  There will be pictures once we get around to uploading them.
From 2014 July
From 2014 July
From 2014 June
From 2014 June

No comments:

Post a Comment