Thursday, July 17, 2014

Good Day

Nicholas had a good day today.  Like a really good day.  He doesn't have many of those these days.  But he was awesome the entire day and I wanted to note it to look back at on one of the days we are at our wit's end.  He got up and got ready with no problems, was angelic at the dentist's office, got 3 green lights at school (itself a rarity most weeks), came home and gave me absolutely 0 problems as I got dinner ready, was perfect in the bath, and then sat and entertained himself while I got Elizabeth in bed.  So he and I then read a couple chapters of Charlotte's Web (he reads the pages with pictures, I read the other pages) while eating ice cream and I let him read himself his Ranger Rick Jr. magazine while I did dishes before tucking him in.  And it was adorable because he kept coming in to tell me something cool he had read.

There were a couple brief moments of whining, but that was it all day.  It was like going back in time a year.  I'm trying to figure out what happened.  He took a nap at school for the first time in forever, which could explain the good evening, but that doesn't explain the great morning.  Joe is out of town and he does tend to rise to the occasion when I most need his help. Or maybe it was random chance.  If he can keep this up for the next 2 1/2 days until Joe gets home I will be so happy!
From 2014 July

No comments:

Post a Comment