Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Another Fever

Nicholas has a fever.  And I am currently trying to convince myself that it is not the end of the world as I know it.  Trying.  Tomorrow is my work-from-home day, the day I'm supposed to grade 30 student papers and 5 paper proposals.  As in, absolutely have to because my grading schedule is compressed with the baby coming and so instead of the 2 weeks I usually give myself to get things back to them, I have to finish the rest of these papers by Friday because they have to turn in their rewrite by next Friday.  Because I need to be done with those by the time the baby comes.  And Thursday and Friday I have meetings and classes back-to-back literally all day and Joe has classes.  Not to mention the fact that I need to somehow avoid getting sick myself.  So somehow I need to grade more quickly than usual while comforting and caring for a sick child while not getting his germs.  Piece of cake.

I know, small potatoes.  But this is the thing with the work-parenting balancing act: you can sort of manage it until a kid gets sick and then all the balls fall down around you.  There is no wiggle room.

Bright side?  I guess we'll make some progress on those crafts we've put aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment