Friday, September 21, 2012

My Mouth Hurts

Nicholas seems to be sick.  We're hoping it is just a cold, but I guess we'll see how he is in the morning.  He spent 3 hours trying to go to sleep, crying a lot of the time.  When we asked him what was wrong and if anything hurt he kept talking about his mouth hurting.  We think he means his throat based on where he was pointing.  No fever and nothing visible with the flashlight, so our hope is that it is just congestion. 

But the poor kid was miserable and it took me way too long to think about Tylenol as a possible aid.  I was going through all the things I would do myself, but he can't do the spray numbing things, he won't drink anything warmer than room temperature, he has no idea how to gargle, and I'm pretty sure he would either chew on or choke on a cough drop.  But Tylenol.  Duh.  After that he was asleep in 10 minutes.

The good news is that Nicholas seems to be out of his Mommy phase.  I've been noticing for the last couple weeks that he isn't as vehement about needing me all the time and much more willing to accept Joe.  And tonight after I had spent about 2 hours with him (sitting on his floor grading, then in his bed, then snuggling him watching the Os beat the Red Sox), he asked for Daddy instead.

What do you think the chances are that staying up until almost 10 will mean he sleeps past 7?  Hey, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment