Saturday, September 15, 2012

Big Helper

I have been meaning to do an update post on behavior for a week, but well, life.  The summary is that I noticed last weekend that the awful behavior of the summer was gone and that it had happened gradually enough that I somehow hadn't noticed.  When Nicholas threw a tantrum last weekend I noted two things.  1) He hadn't done that in awhile.  2) The tantrum was what I had expected tantrums to be--he was upset with us and clearly decided to throw a fit to express this--rather than the complete loss of control of himself that was a problem at points this summer.

And today the Nicholas I remembered from last fall was back in full force.  Joe was gone all day and "Mommy and Nicholas Day" turned into a full day of errands and chores.  And not only did Nicholas not throw any fits, but he was a huge help at every point, through and including putting all of his folded laundry away in the proper places ALL BY HIMSELF.

And so, on our last errand, I bought him a toy he has been asking for for months:
From 2012 September
And then, just to show off, he sat himself down on the couch with books while I made dinner:
From 2012 September

No comments:

Post a Comment