Friday, April 20, 2012

Ice Cream Crisis

I had an ice cream emergency tonight. Joe isn't home and I needed ice cream. (No, I'm not pregnant. I just sometimes (okay, often) need ice cream.) I was left with three choices: 1. Eat the last serving of Joe's peanut butter ice cream. This would a) make me a bad wife and b) not really satisfy me because I don't like it much. 2. Eat Nicholas' ice cream sandwich that he got at a restaraunt last week and has forgotten about. This would make me a bad mom. 3. Leave Nicholas home alone to go to the store to buy ice cream. This would make me an ACTUALLY bad mom, as in criminally bad. So clearly I chose option 2, but I'm feeling a little guilty about it. Why do I have the feeling I will be buying a package of ice cream sandwiches tomorrow to soothe my guilt, even though Nicholas has completely forgotten the thing existed?

1 comment:

  1. That does not make you a bad mom, it makes you a mom. Once he's forgotten about it, it's fair game!

    ReplyDelete