Sunday, April 1, 2012

Big News

A few months ago, Nicholas and I were wandering the local mall when a talent scout at one of those booths in the middle of the walkway approached and asked if we had ever thought about modeling (for Nicholas, not me). I brushed him off, but he insisted I take his card. We continued on and I thought nothing of it.

Eventually curiosity got the better of me, when I saw the card sitting there: "Sidd Finch, Talent Agent" (if the names sounds familiar, it's because he's a former major leaguer). I called him, without telling Sarah for fear of what she might say. We met at a diner in Somerville in February, and I brought Nicholas in for a test shoot that very same weekend.

And now I can announce the results of that meeting: we'll be spending the summer in Prague, where Nicholas will be appearing in his first feature-length motion picture. I can't say too much, but J.K. has generously allowed me to share that he will be playing the toddler son of Ron and Hermione in a flash-forward sequel of the Harry Potter series, tentatively entitled Muggle Babies. We'll be leaving the states on or about May 20, and if all goes well, we'll return in mid-August in time for everyone to start school again.

We're very excited, especially about the chance to see the Czech Republic. It's hard to believe from the perspective of the first of April that this is actually happening, but stay tuned as we bring you more updates (and maybe some behind-the-scenes photos!) here at Arašídy kronika.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe we spent the day with you and you kept this big news from us! Did I tell you that I saw the first game Sidd Finch pitched at Shea Stadium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy April Fool's Day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your April Fools posts - best ones around!

    ReplyDelete