Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tacy!!!

Stacy and her fiance, Paul, came in for a visit last weekend and we all had a great time. Nicholas is still calling for "Tacy," which is his name for Stacy (and occasionally for Paul too).

Nicholas played and played and played, but I took advantage of most of the indoor playtime to take care of household stuff, so I don't have any pictures. Based on some of the new "games" Nicholas has this week, though, I can guess some of the things they did.

What I do have pictures of is our trip to the neighborhood park. Nicholas must have made 15 or 20 circuits climbing up various sets of steps and then going down the slide.

I love this action shot because you can see him racing to get back to the stairs to go again. The little boy is becoming quite the runner. It must be the laps he is continually doing around the house.
From 2010 September


I took tons of pictures of Nicholas gleefully going down the slide, but the lighting was really bad, which I couldn't tell until I uploaded the pictures. But even with bad lighting you can clearly see Nicholas' excitement:
From 2010 September


And here is Nicholas with his Aunt Stacy, although he was more interested in checking out the big fishtank nearby than in posing for a picture:
From 2010 September

Nicholas played so hard that he fell asleep in the car on the way home from taking them to the airport Sunday evening. That is the first time he has fallen asleep since turning to face forwards because he is usually too focused on everything he can see out the front windshield. But he had played really hard all weekend and been too excited to nap much.

As always, the only bad thing about a Stacy visit is that it makes it that much harder to not have her here. And now Nicholas agrees with me. I fully expect him to ask for "Tacy" again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment