Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One Step Closer

Last night, in a spur-of-the-moment decision, we started stage 1 in getting our apartment ready for Peanut's arrival. Joe and Allison moved furniture while I scurried around moving little things and consulting the floorplans I had drawn up. And the result is that our bedroom is now successfully half bedroom and half office, the office/nursery is now fully into transition (no desks, but still bookcases), and the rest of our apartment is a complete disaster area. Our goal is to have the office empty before we go to New York for the shower in a week and a half so we can put baby stuff directly into the nursery, set up the crib, etc. If we get ambitious we may try to install the blinds and curtain rods in the nursery before then as well, while the room is empty.

I have to say, even though the apartment is currently a wreck, it makes me really happy to finally be getting ready for Peanut to join us.

1 comment:

  1. It's called "nesting" and it was my favorite time of Anny's pregnancy! I got so much accomplished! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete