Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nursery: Phase 1

We made visible progress on the nursery today because my mom helped Joe move the last remaining bookcase and the maintenance guy came over with insane screws that allowed him to put the curtainrod screws through a metal bracket. But it is starting to look like a nursery, even though it is missing essentials like, you know, a crib. :)

The curtains I made are green jungle leaves with lions, tigers, hippos, giraffes, elephants, and monkeys. Here is a close up:

They actually remind me of curtains Peter and I had in our room when we were little, even though the colors are very different. I think they must have had similar animals on them.

And here is the nursery to date:
The stuffed animals are all ones I had. Many of you will recognize Stanley the Stegosaurus, my beloved companion from birth. The rocking chair was Joe's mom's when Brian was a baby. And the quilt on the chair is one that was in my room as a baby. Most of the other stuff on the shelves were presents from my college friends for Peanut. This picture is from the doorway and the lamp is against the other wall, so it really is a small room, but absolutely perfect for a nursery. And it is now starting to look the part.

3 comments:

  1. Looks sweet!

    But where are you going to put the Xbox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That room looks so much bigger without all of the office furniture in it. And nice job on the curtains, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Xbox will stay in Mommy and Daddy's room ... for safe keeping, of course.

    ReplyDelete