Friday, January 31, 2014

Parallels

The kids were both in bed before 9 and it is a Friday night after a long week so I have been sitting here on the computer just enjoying some quiet alone time.  I probably should go to bed.  Officially I'm waiting up for Joe (who should be home in the next half hour) but really I just am treasuring some quiet time doing nothing.  Anyway, that was a long lead up to explain why I have been looking through pictures of Nicholas as a baby.

And I have to admit that even though I really don't see the resemblance between the kids today that everyone points out, looking at pictures of Nicholas as a baby is like looking at Elizabeth today.  I find this is most true in the pictures where Nicholas was smiling or talking.  Their facial expressions are just so similar!  And I swear they have the exact same smile.  The biggest difference in appearance that I see is that Nicholas was much chunkier than Elizabeth is. 

And apparently that half hour of me time was all I get.  Elizabeth is now up and refusing to take a pacifier.  That child is ridiculously stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment