Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Baskets

This weekend Nicholas and I made new liners for the kids' Easter baskets.  When we bought these baskets last year I had a vision of replacing the generic white liners with embroidered cutesey Easter eggs on them with new liners every few years that would match their current interests.  This weekend I was bemoaning the fact that I hadn't done it and wouldn't have time to before Easter and Nicholas said, "Let's do it, Mommy!"  So he and I created a pattern using the liners that came with the baskets, cut out fabric, and sewed them.  The pattern needs some revisions but not too bad for a first effort.  And so fun to do a craft project with Nicholas again.  And that was the best he has behaved in a long time.  Reminder: give him chances to rise to the occasion.

From 2014 April
From 2014 April

No comments:

Post a Comment