Sunday, August 18, 2013

Orioles Game

Nicholas and I got our trip to Maryland started with a trip to the Orioles game with my dad and my best friend from high school and her husband.  It was drizzly off and on, but we were under an overhang and so had a delightful time.  Nicholas even made it through the whole game!  And the Orioles won!

Joe had told me that Nicholas was starting to pay more attention to details of the game at their recent trips to minor league games, but it was fun to see it myself.  Not that he focuses the whole game or understands half of what goes on, but he has learned a lot this year and was asking lots of questions.  His favorite parts of the game by far are the snacks and the pep rally elements ("Let's Go O's!" and "Charge" are his favorites), but whenever the crowd would cheer or boo and he didn't understand why, he would ask for clarification and listen intently as I explained.  His favorites from today--double plays and stealing bases. 

But of course our Nicholas was very confused that stealing a base was a good thing.  How can stealing be good?  My explanation didn't much help.  I started with saying that the runner went to the next base when it wasn't his turn to run, but of course that was a problem as well.  How can doing something out of turn be good?
From Summer 2013
From Summer 2013
From Summer 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment