Monday, June 24, 2013

Crafting

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that one of the things Nicholas and I did while he was home with that nasty virus (for 5 days!!!!!) was a fun craft project.  And we were home long enough to see the project through to completion.
From 2013 June

I had been working on an alphabet baby book off and on for the previous couple weeks and Nicholas was really intrigued by it.  So he wanted to make one with me for himself.  But I convinced him that an ABC book was really too baby-ish for him and came up with the idea of a wall hanging of his name.

I had figured he would pick out the scraps of fabric that he wanted to use and assign them to different letters and make some of the other decisions, but leave the actual work to me.  But, no, he did a lot of it.  I did all the tracing (he tried, but I needed much more precise and straight lines than he was giving me) and cutting and guiding of fabric through the sewing machine, but he was an equal participant in all the ironing and did most of the foot pedal to make the sewing machine actually sew.  So it really was a team effort.

When he is in the right mood he is really a great partner.  And, really, have you ever seen a 4-year-old boy who was so careful and trustworthy?

From 2013 June
From 2013 June
From 2013 June
From 2013 June
From 2013 June
From 2013 June

No comments:

Post a Comment